As a research database, users of the CCW are generally expected to pay fees to access and use data. Costs associated with the data request vary depending on beneficiary cohort size and years of data and files ordered.
As an initial step to prepare for the data request process, a cost estimate application tool has been created to allow users to create an estimated cohort size and determine an estimated cost before moving to the next level in the data request process.
This application searches a one year sample to estimate the cohort. This sample file contains Medicare and Dual Eligible beneficiaries only. While the cohort estimate only calculates Medicare and Dual Eligible beneficiaries, a known cohort size can be entered in the Data Pricing tab and can include Medicaid only enrollees.
- Create estimated cohort sizes using demographic, enrollment, chronic condition, and diagnosis/procedure parameters;
- Review and edit parameters before submitting a query; and
- Receive a query tracking number that allows users to return to the website for up to thirty days to retrieve and revise a saved query.
* All code sets are not available in every Claim Type. If you do not receive a record count you may need to adjust your selections. Please refer to the data dictionaries for additional information.
This section of the tool allows users to:
- Enter a known cohort size or use cohort from an estimate query created on the Estimate Study Size tab and select data files and years to receive an estimated data cost;
- Choose a cohort sample and select data files and years and receive an estimated data cost; and
- Receive a query tracking number that allows users to return to the website for up to thirty days to retrieve and modify a saved estimate.
Frequently Asked Questions are updated regularly and available in the FAQ page Pricing Application section.